Toilet flushing is the single highest use of water in the average home, so it also presents a prime opportunity for water conservation. With the average person flushing five times a day, toilets make up about 31% of overall household water consumption. There are lots of ways to conserve toilet water use.
1. Install a high efficiency toilet model to save water.
2. Do not use the toilet as a trash can. Trash should be discarded in the garbage.
3. If you hear the water running in the toilet tank for an unusual length of time, a simple adjustment can return it to normal operation.
4. If your toilet has a water line indicator on the tank, make sure the water is at or below this line when the toilet refills.
5. If your home has a dual flush toilet try to use the low volume flush mode as much as possible.